Quick Facts of Miss Nepal
- Started Since: 1994
- Current : Shrinkhala Khatiwada
- Current Sponser: Ruslan FM
- Type: Beauty pageant
- Headquarters: Kathmandu
- Location: Nepal
Miss Nepal/Hidden Treasure Miss Nepal beauty pageant is an annual event held in Kathmandu, Nepal. This pageant started in 1994. The winner of the event competes in Miss World, 1st runner up competes in Miss Earth and 2nd runner up competes in Miss International 3rd runner up competes in Miss Asia Pacific International pageants respectively.
Kathmandu Jaycees, established in 1970, organized the first MISS NEPAL Beauty Pageant in 1994 on the special occasion of Kathmandu Jaycees Silver Jubilee. The hosting of the first ever pageant gave the organization much experience. The Pageant was successfully organized under the Chairmanship of past president of Kathmandu Jaycees Sen. Gopal Sundar Lal Kakshapati and Project Committee Chairman of the First Miss Nepal Organizing committee Jc. Rupesh Pradhan.
List of Miss Nepal from 1994-2018
- Ruby Rana-1994
- Sumi Khadka-1995
- Poonam Ghimire-1996
- Neelima Gurung-1997 (Miss Nepal)
- Jharana Bajracharya-1997 (Miss World Nepal)
- Niru Shrestha-1998
- Shweta Singh-1999
- Usha Khadgi-2000
- Malvika Subba-2002
- Priti Sitaula-2003
- Payal Shakya-2004
- Sugarika KC-2005
- Sitasma Chand-2007
- Zenisha Moktan-2009
- Sadichha Shrestha-2010
- Malina Joshi-2011
- Shristi Shrestha-2012
- Ishani Shrestha-2013
- Subin Limbu-2014
- Evana Manandhar-2015
- Asmee Shrestha-2016
- Nitika Chandak-2017
- Shrinkhala Khatiwada – 2018
These are the basic requirements that must meet to apply for miss Nepal.
- The applicant should be an unmarried female Nepalese citizen.
- Age should be between 19–25 years.
- Minimum academic qualification should be 10+2 or equivalent.
- Minimum height must be 5 ft 4 inches (163 cm).
- Applicant should possess sound health.
There are top responsibilities and opportunities linked with Miss Nepal winner. Some of them are well listed below.
- Miss Nepal has to represent Nepal into the Miss World beauty pageant.
- Miss Nepal gets to be a Young Conservation Ambassador for the activities of WWF Nepal
- Relevant and important charity work with Maiti Nepal & HIV & Aids Campaign.