Miss Nepal beauty pageant is an annual event held in Kathmandu, Nepal. This pageant started in 1994. The winner of the event competes in Miss World, 1st runner up competes in Miss Earth and 2nd runner up competes in Miss International 3rd runner up competes in Miss Asia Pacific International pageants respectively.
Kathmandu Jaycees, established in 1970, organized the first MISS NEPAL Beauty Pageant in 1994 on the special occasion of Kathmandu Jaycees Silver Jubilee. The hosting of the first ever pageant gave the organization much experience. The Pageant was successfully organized under the Chairmanship of past president of Kathmandu Jaycees Sen, Gopal Sundar Lal Kakshapati and Project Committee Chairman.
- Started Since: 1994
- Current : Anushka Shrestha
- Current Sponser: Ruslan FM
- Type: Beauty pageant
- Headquarters: Kathmandu
- Location: Nepal
List of Miss Nepal from 1994-2020
This is a list of Miss Nepal from year 1994 to 2020.
These are the basic requirements that must meet to apply for miss Nepal.
- The applicant should be an unmarried female Nepalese citizen.
- Age should be between 19–25 years.
- Minimum academic qualification should be 10+2 or equivalent.
- Minimum height must be 5 ft 4 inches (163 cm).
- Applicant should possess sound health.
- Miss Nepal Opportunities
There are top responsibilities and opportunities linked.
- He/ Has has to represent Nepal into the Miss World beauty pageant.
- The respective person gets to be a Young Conservation Ambassador for the activities of WWF Nepal.
- Relevant and important charity work with Maiti Nepal & HIV & Aids Campaign.